Friday, May 12, 2006

The Parinella Effect

Sorry to you loyal few readers. I have been so swamped that I haven't had time to run off at the keyboard lately. And next week, I'll be on business in California, so no posts from there.

One funny thing. A while back, I added a site meter to see if anyone was actually reading this or whether it was more of an on-line diary. I was pleasantly surprised that there are actually others out there besides Jim, Alex and Luke looking at this melange of rememberances.

Either way, I was even more surprised when I saw a sharp spike in the hits after Aprils Fools this year. Turns out, Jimmy P dropped a single link to the blog. It was embedded his own post recapping ShortFatGuys this year.

I guess Jim's readership is a tiny bit higher than mine. See if you can spot the day the link went up. (Hope this graph from the site meter shows up properly.)



In the mean time, somebody tell Worm to get off his lazy ass and start posting the funny stuff (Luke, you're just the man for the job).

9 Comments:

At May 12, 2006 2:48 PM, Blogger parinella said...

That looks like a giant middle finger, to be honest.

I linked to your blog in one of my entries and I also put a link in my linklist.

 
At May 13, 2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Luke said...

worm... we can talk you through this, but someone tell me if he has a mac or an ibm... then we can start w/ the 'on' switch...

 
At May 16, 2006 3:20 PM, Blogger BrussSucks said...

I thank god for that link having been there. This is hours of entertaining reading while I'm at work (I read really slow). Takes me back to listening to you and Worm in Vegas.
-bert

 
At May 25, 2006 6:12 AM, Blogger Billy said...

Oh yeah Idris?!?
Oh Yeah!?!

Well ... come talk to me sonny when you've been carting your sorry ass around the fields as long as Worm or me. Then you can tell us about your own minions.

Until then, you are welcome to share ours.

Also, I take umbrage with your characterization of this little blog as "spew". I prefer the term, "literary virtuosity."

Thank you.

 
At May 25, 2006 2:44 PM, Blogger Idris said...

I will share your minions, 'preciate it.

"Can somebody get me a rum and coke please? anybody? please? its for... worm and/or billy."

"there we go, thanks."

gold club misses you guys.

seriosly.

the waitress told us.

we threw crumpled up dollar bills at a lady in your honor.

 
At May 25, 2006 4:31 PM, Blogger Billy said...

Gold Club??
What's the Gold Club?
Is it that place that we gathered for the Bible reading workshop during Worm's 40th birthday weekend in Vegas?
Yeah, that must be it. I remember now. Because that was where the usher lady went by so fast that we didn't have time to properly put our tithe in the offering basket. Ended up having to crumple up the dollars and throw them at her.
Yeah ... that's it.

 
At June 30, 2006 12:16 AM, Blogger Luke said...

kum ba yah.
kum ba yah.

 
At July 18, 2007 6:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OK, I spent hours trying to find any reference to how I took Billy under my wing after we awarded him "Junior El Lunche Team Member" status.
We were too small to have an A and B team, so we saved several roster spots for kids with potential. We even gave one to Dave Lippy. After all, don't teams need at least one short and one tall guy?

Kidding aside, I think it was Chuck Godin that told me about this blog. Thanks Chuck.

Billy, make sure to edit your content to prominently mention both my birth name (Mike Davenport) and my alias (Shades).

 
At September 21, 2012 1:02 AM, Blogger Lillian Louise said...

Who knew there was a video that went along with the audio?!

And yes, I know enough about "who you was/were/are" to stand and applaud the man you are/can/will be...

Best (Sugar) -
smoss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o

 

Post a Comment

<< Home